Hello beauties and beaus! Happy Friday, and Happy February! How did the first day of the month treat you? Any exciting plans this weekend? Perhaps for the Super Bowl on Sunday??
Before we get ahead of ourselves and talk about Sunday, let’s get to our Fact Filled Friday.
Fact Filled Friday #12
1. I bought this baby doll dress from Target last week, and at first I wasn’t sure what I thought, but after the compliments I received, I started to be happy with my purchase…
as well as another style in white… #sorryI’mnotsorry.
2. I had to go to the DMV to get my license renewed this week.
Here’s the breakdown:
- I’ve realized I’ve now had my license for 12 years. Yup, 12. It made me realize this upcoming year is my last year in my twenties. I began to feel old, and then I promised to make this year really count.
- I also realized that my license says I’m 5’8″. I’m definitely 5’6″. Apparently I had wishful thinking in high school and secretly wanted to be taller.
- The DMV is one of the best tests for patience. When I went to inspection afterwards, the inspection man (Is that what they call them??) sat in my car for 20 minutes. 20 minutes. As he looked at my license ::read – my personal info:: he asked me what my plans were for my birthday, what I do for a living, if I have kids, if I want kids, etc. Weird much? Annnnd I couldn’t escape.
3. The wind from the storm we had here Wednesday night into Thursday broke my back door. I’m not happy. That’ll be all.
4. My sister and I are bringing my nephew to a Birthday Bash tomorrow, and I am SO over the moon excited to spend time with both of them. Granted we live across the street from each other, but our schedules are so busy sometimes, that we don’t see each other as often as you’d think. The event is supposed to have birthday cake, music performances, a photo booth, face painting, balloon artists, a candy station, games, give aways, gift bags, and more. Many pictures of my sunshine will certainly be taken.
5. Groundhog Day is also tomorrow. I used to know that when I taught first grade, and we taught the holidays and folklore. Now I teach long division and puberty.
6. I visited my parents’ house for a while Wednesday afternoon, and I had an amazing time with my mother as always. Halfway through my visit she made me a cup of tea and snuck upstairs. A few minutes later she came down with presents! Hello, second Christmas? She explained that when everyone came over my house for Christmas, they had so many gifts for everyone and food for Christmas dinner, that there was still some that she hadn’t had a chance to give me. As if they hadn’t been generous enough!
It began with a card…(and yes the card made me tear up, because
I’m a sap cards with sweet messages from my parents always hit me. This was really all I needed without the gifts.)
then a new tunic turtleneck… (I’m thinking black leggings and high-heeled, black, knee-boots??)
and last but not least a Target gift card and dark chocolate (70% cacao or above…it’s amazing how well she knows me! )
We had a great conversation and spent a lot of time together catching up, having a couple of hearts to hearts, and sharing some funny stories. As I was leaving she gave me a couple of goodies my dad left me. He knows me and my reading material well too!
7. My first birthday card came this week from my godmother! :)
8. Morgan is becoming quite the spooner. She’s also quite the scaredy cat when it comes to storms…
9. I spent a little time this week planning out my strength training routines, and it makes me look forward to my workouts even more.
10. I used a gift certificate from my parents from Christmas to get my nails redone today. It was a relaxing way to end the week!
Enjoy the night everyone!
Question of the Day: 49ers or Ravens?
Quote of the Day: “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill