Hello everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I am SO happy the weekend is finally here. Between the frigid temperatures and an extremely busy work week, this weekend could not come soon enough. Although I have some studying and school work over the next couple days, I certainly plan on balancing it with some much-needed and well deserved R & R.
You know what’s needed first though…
Fact Filled Friday #11
1. I was able to up my weights this week, and I am feeling sore! It hurts sooo good, and I’m proud of myself too.
2. There are two drinks this week that I was totally loving. The flavors, the energy they provide, the ingredients, and the nutrition facts were all pretty fabulous.
3. This year marks the 50th birthday of the elementary school I teach in (which is also the elementary school I went to as a child from kindergarten through eighth grade). Tonight they are having a faculty talent show as a fundraiser, and although I am not participating in it (too much of a time commitment), I will be meeting my fifth graders at the show to watch.
4. I am so excited to watch my lectures and do my assignments this weekend for school! Module 2 is focusing on cooking as simple and essential skill that can change your life. We will be led through a vegetable cooking demonstration that’s about more than just cooking, but learning to be calm and nourishing yourself, and we will also listen to lectures from Walter Willet, MD, DrPH, Chairman of Nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health shining a light on the weaknesses in government dietary guidelines, discussing disease prevention through nutrition, and teaching us how to make healthy changes in the diet.
5. I am well-known for falling asleep on the couch during a movie after dinner, but the other night I actually stayed up and watched the entire film, “21 Jump Street”! It could have been because this handsome character on the left was in it…
or it could have been because the love of my life made a guest appearance…
6. I REALLY want to go see, “Silver Linings Playbook”! Anyone see it yet? Is it good??
7. It’s supposed to snow tonight – a dusting to an inch or so. Part of me wants it to snow more
so I have an excuse to be lazy, because it will be pretty.
8. The workshop yesterday completely wiped me out. I am more tired sitting from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM listening to a lecture than I am teaching my 20 fifth graders. Put me back in the classroom any day.
9. Can you believe that next week ends January? Yeah, me either.
10. THANK YOU! Between the blog itself, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, Beauty in Strength has reached over 850 followers!
Time for a sweat session to start the weekend right.
Have a great night loves!
Question of the Day: What is the best movie you have recently seen?
Quote of the Day: “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” – Bill Bowerman