Hello everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I am over the moon excited this week is over. Today, thank goodness wasn’t as crazy as yesterday or as the rest of the week has been. The students had a half day, and we have professional development all afternoon, so it’ll be a quiet start to the weekend.
Before the weekend begins though, it’s time for our first double digit Fact Filled Friday.
Fact Filled Friday #10
1. Morgan apparently has been feeling the lack of sleep this week as well this week. After brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed, this is what I’ve found waiting for me…
2. My big sister, being as amazing as she is, left me some gifts again this week! I love the make-up brush, and anything that involves drinks and dark chocolate are a-okay in my book.
The dark chocolate is a 72% dark cocoa with cranberries and almonds. Plus, it’s all natural and certified vegan! The mixer? I’m thinking it may get christened Super Bowl Sunday.
3. I also gave myself a couple of gifts this week. #SorryI’mnotsorry. I can’t wait to try out some new recipes!
4. Now entering my second week of veganism, I can not believe how supportive everyone in my family and all of my loved ones have been. It’s really made the transition that much easier.
5. Today at school we had a national fundraiser called, “Hats on Day,” for children with cancer. The students (and teachers!) could purchase a sticker for a dollar and then wear a hat today. (No hats in the building is a rule our school has, so the kids were excited to wear them during class!) It was nice to add a little style to my outfit today and support such an amazing cause too!
6. After Wednesday night’s dinner in a pinch, I browsed Amy’s website, and for a convenience food every once in a while, there are SO MANY healthy options. This company is extremely health conscious (non GMO products, organic products, etc.) and aware of many special diets, offering products for those who are looking for foods with less sodium, have celiac, have IBS or IBD, have soy, tree nut, dairy, lactose, egg, or corn allergies, those who are vegan, and so much more!
7. This week was my first week of school as I study for my degree/certification in nutrition, health, and wellness, and I am absolutely loving it! More to come on that soon.
8. This was also our first week for the #MCMBookClub journey with the amazing Heather from For the Love of Kale! She is an incredible and inspiring person, and I am so happy to be joining her! #jadorelavie
9. As much as I love my yoga sessions, and they will always be number one in my heart, my strength training sessions are becoming a close second. Yes, sometimes they hurt so bad (in a good way!), but they involve focus and determination, which mentally have been great for me too. Plus, I am starting to see real growth in my progress and strength!
Enjoy the rest of your Friday everyone!
Question of the Day: What is your favorite form of exercise?
Quote of the Day: “Ability is what you’re capable of doing,.Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz