Hello everyone, and Happy Friday! Anyone else feel like this week was EXTREMELY long? This week seemed like it really dragged on, leaving me preeeetty exhausted by 3:00 today, but not too exhausted to get in a great upper body strength training workout, excited to enjoy the weekend ahead, and send a Fact Filled Friday post your way.
Fact Filled Friday #9
1. While bananas are usually my top fruit closely followed by apples, I have had an obsession with cantaloupe the past few weeks. I can often be found eating a half at one sitting. Yup, not ashamed.
2. Now that Little Christmas is over, the Christmas decorations are down, and the winter decorations are up!
3. Look what (and who) is back! Confession: I DVR it even though I’m watching it just in case I’m interrupted for some reason.
4. I started spending part of my Sundays food prepping for the week, and I never realized how useful it is. This Sunday I roasted a bunch of eggplant to use in various lunches and dinners. Those recipes will be coming your way soon.
5. This was my first full week back to teaching after winter break, and Morgan is feeling the change in routine. She’s a very social, loving puppy, who doesn’t like to be alone. She was happy to join me while writing the post on the couch, especially since we’ll have the weekend together now.
6. I am so pumped to begin the #MCMBookClub journey with the lovely Heather from For the Love of Kale! I received my copy this week, and I can not wait! #jadorelavie baby!
7. My big sis knew that I was having a challenging week in a few respects, so she dropped off some dark chocolate and a prayer book for me. She’s the best, and both were fully enjoyed.
8. My parents also dropped by with a few goodies for me….
9. I am really looking to trying this bad boy out! We all know that I consume sushi on a weekly basis, but I have never made my own. I’ll let you know how it works out.
10. I just realized that most of today’s facts are about food.
Have a great night everyone!
Quote of the Day: “Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” - Unknown
Question of the Day: Is there a food you have a current, “obsession,” with?