Hellllloo folks and TGIF! I was back to school on Wednesday with my kids for only three days, but after being on winter break for over a week and a half, these three days felt like an entire week. I am SO glad the weekend is here. How about you? Any fun plans out there?? Well, before I officially begin the weekend it’s time for…
Fact Filled Friday #8
1. I realized when I went back to work on Wednesday how much I truly missed my students. I am SO blessed to have an amazing class this year. They are the most hardworking, caring, loving, and motivated group of fifth graders!
2. While most have taken their Christmas decorations down already, I have not. Since I was a little girl it has been our tradition to keep the Christmas decorations up until Little Christmas or the Epiphany on January 6th (Sunday).
3. This conversation happened with my big sister on New Year’s Eve. I love her. :) Not many people would truly understand it but the two of us, unless of course you read this post.
4. Lately I have LOVED either doing yoga or completing my strength training and ab circuits in my living room instead of my exercise room. I think it has something to do with the Christmas lights. ;)
5. The last three days after I have come home from work, I have lit one of the candles in my living room and made myself a cup of tea. I never realized how these two little things truly relax me and help me unwind after the day.
6. Look what got unpacked and is all set up! I CAN NOT wait to use it!
7. I realized today that there is no good time to go food grocery shopping. None whatsoever. Seriously. I only wanted to pick up a few things, and it was a madhouse at 4:00 in the afternoon.
8. Morgan is still not too fond of her medications from last week. The only way I get her to sit is by bribing her with cheese.
9. My sister introduced me to a website called Golden Tote, and I am hooked! For a little over fifty dollars, you choose one item you like and your size, and then they send you not only that item but two more surprises! I chose the sweater (I’ve worn it with leggings and knee-high, black, heeled boots – love it!), and they sent me the tote, silk hair ties, and the dress! The pictures don’t do the clothes justice at all.
10. I didn’t think I liked the dress, but I wore it to school with some knee-high, black, heeled boots, and literally every teacher I saw, male and female, commented on how beautiful it looked! The compliments (some even from my students!) were overwhelming, but of course very much appreciated, and you can be sure this will be worn
more often a lot!
Time for a workout!
Quote of the Day: “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.” – Tom Stoppard
Question of the Day: Are your Christmas decorations still up?