Hello everyone! I can’t believe it’s already Friday, and I’ve already been on winter break an entire week. Christmas came and went SO quickly this week, but we still have New Year’s 2013 to look forward to.
Fact Filled Friday #7
1. Christmas morning, Morgan and I went over to my big sister and brother-in-law’s house to watch my nephew, Aiden, open his gifts. I swear if you ever feel like you are losing the spirit of Christmas, which I pray never happens to everyone, look at a child. Their innocence and joy truly captures pure happiness and how amazing life is.
2. I always thought Aiden was the handsomest child ever, but in his Christmas outfit, he was quite the charmer. His little argyle socks completed his ensemble.
3. Speaking of ensembles, looking back on Christmas pictures, in every single picture of me, my bra strap is down. Yup, every one. I had one glass of wine, and it wasn’t even a full glass.
4. My amazing mother cooked an incredible feast for us on Christmas, and she made sure to cook triple the amount needed so that everyone received lots of leftovers at the end of the evening. My fridge and freezer are FULLY stocked, and I am SO happy.
5. I received so many amazing gifts this Christmas, but I had three absolute favorites!
6. My mother’s side of the family is planning to get together tomorrow for our second Christmas. Since there are sixteen cousins, every year we have a gift exchange after the holiday, and I am so excited to spend the day and night with my grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We are very blessed to all be very close, but with the snow they are expecting tomorrow, I’m not sure if we’ll still have it.
7. Morgan had to go back to the vet today for her two week follow-up, and she received another medication to clear up her irritations and infection. She was petrified as always, and as always, it broke my heart. The doctor did comment though that Morgan is above average when it comes to an animal’s intelligence and is the smartest dog she’s seen. Proud mother = me.
8. I pampered myself again this week and got my nails done for New Year’s Eve. #SorryI’mnotsorry
9. I walked into Target yesterday and saw Valentine’s Day decorations. Christmas was just a few days ago. Just sayin’.
10. I thought it couldn’t get worse until I saw the bathing suits out. Seriously, unreal. People need to learn to slow down, and stop making everything a business.
Hope you are having a great Friday!
Question of the Day: If you celebrated, what was your favorite gift you received this holiday season?
Quote of the Day: “The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can.” – Robert Cushing