Hello everyone, and Happy Black Friday! Personally, I don’t participate in the festivities (except a possible online purchase or two), but for those of you who did, I hope you were safe and saved lots.
Fact Filled Friday #2
Today’s random thoughts…
1. So true, and so sad…
2. My big sister is seriously not only the best big sister in the world but also my best friend in the world. She gets lots of cool samples and products to try from all of the mom clubs she’s a part of, and she loves to share. Nicole knew I was having a rough start to my week, so when I came home after work one day, I found this set up on my counter…
All health and beauty products! She knows me so well. She’s amazing, she makes me smile, and I love her more than anything.
3. Before leaving for Thanksgiving break, I decorated my classroom for Christmas. Yup, I’m already there.
4. I tried Dunkin’ Donuts Gingerbread coffee for the first time this week, and oh. my. word. I had ordered it black so I could fix it at home, but it didn’t need a thing. Incredible.
I’m still dreaming about it a week later. That will be all.
5. Actually, that’s not all. The holiday cups make me smile.
6. I tasted an appetizer this week at a local restaurant that I absolutely adored! The thin, crispy potato pancakes were browned in a little EVOO and topped with smoked salmon, arugula, capers, and a small dollop of sour cream. So simple and so much flavor! The combination of textures and temperatures was fantastic, and I can not wait to recreate this at home.
7. Yes, I watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, and yes, I lit up inside when Santa came at the end. Sometimes I’m truly a child at heart. I also couldn’t help but remember the story my father told me of when he was a little boy. Although I never met her, my grandmother was a beautiful and outgoing woman. She had brought my father to the parade when he was young, and she had her mind set on my dad sitting on Santa’s lap. Granted, this was in the 1950′s, but when Santa’s sleigh arrived, she broke through the police barricades and lifted him up on Santa’s lap. I wish I met her. I think we would have been dangerous together.
8. Either I give really great belly rubs, or Morgan’s already tired of having her picture taken. You decide.
9. I made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bars for Thanksgiving this week, and they taste just like the classic, if not better. I’ll share soon, but for now I’ll just tease you with the picture.
10. These are only a portion of the leftovers my mom sent home yesterday after Thanksgiving dinner. #italianmothersarefabulous
Hope your day has been a great one!
Question of the Day: If you celebrated the holiday, what was the best thing you ate yesterday?
Quote of the Day: “Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots.” – Anonymous